Thursday, February 07, 2008

Putting the War in Wardrobe


Okay, let's be honest here. How many of you were hoping Donna Troy would keep "this old thing" she took away from the Wonder Girl of Earth-51 in Countdown 15? I know I was.

On the other hand, I'm wondering in what condition she left Donna-51 when she took it. Neck broken? Burned to a crisp? Alive but unconscious and naked? I guess this is academic now, since Supersnot-Prime's little snit fit has completely destroyed U-51. But fandom is built on trivia such as this. (Hands up, everybody who thinks we've really seen the last of Supersnot-Prime. Anyone? Anyone?)

Of course, I was also hoping Donna might keep that breathtaking suit she was wearing in Wonder Woman v3#1.


I suppose you might get the idea I don't like the star-spangled black she's currently wearing. You'd be right. I like it as a motif, an accent, but not as the primary (or, really, only) design element.

LATER: Another thing that struck me during the brief conflict between Donna-1 and Donna-51: All things considered, which one is "Dark Donna"?

No comments: