Occasional Superheroine presents some Hot Comic Book Action. I see "Smallville" is going back to the basics: Women without pants. I take it this Kara isn't supposed to be underage.
Then OS talks about Weddingus Interruptus with Dead Arrow. Who, come on, you know he isn't dead. He's getting a "Year One"! And I must be the only reader who isn't that fond of Amanda Conner's art. I mean, it's OK, but everybody else is raving about the wonderfully emotive faces, but to me, everybody just looks drunk. Which, I guess, is appropriate at a wedding reception, but Power Girl looked drunk in her mini, too.
Dave Ex Machina presents clothing for the discerning geek. I could have sworn I saw these shirts at DragonCon.
Rachelle at Living Between Wednesdays wants to hear some cheery stories about people for whom their mutual love of comic books helped them bond. I don't have one, so if you do, you know what to do.
HarperCollins to reprint Scott McCloud's ZOT! for July 2008. If I'm reading this right, it's not complete: It's collecting only the material first published in black and white.
Major Spoilers presents an iconic image from All-Star The Goddamn Batman.
Devon at Seven Hells takes this opportunity to re-examine major DC events of the past twenty years and see how the new characters introduced in these events are doing. He's a lot kinder than I would be.
- Pariah - dead
- Lady Quark - dead? (Hey, maybe her Earth is back!)
- Harbinger - dead
- Question - dead
- Blue Beetle - dead
- Captain Atom - retconned beyond all recognition
- Nightshade - I thought you said "major characters"? Well, retconned beyond recognition anyway.
- Peacemaker - retconned beyond recognition
- Son of Vulcan - who?
- Wildcat II - dead
- Flash III (Wally West) - still doing OK, I guess... (does he really count as a creation of "Legends"?)
- Vril Dox and L.E.G.I.O.N. - yawn
- Monarch I - dead
- All of the "Bloodlines" characters - yawn, with the possible exception of Hitman
- Starman (Jack Knight) - dead?
- Stargirl - so far, so good
- Neron - yawn
- Hourman 1,000,000 - dead